Welcome to So Dough Savvy – I’m so happy you’re here!
Photos by Lori G Photography
A little bit about me:
1) I grew up in the northern ‘burbs of Chicago, which will always be home, and now live in northern Indiana with my sweet hubby.
2) I’ve been familiar with coupons as far back as I can remember. My parents raised six kids (all girls!) on a limited budget. My mom always loved coupons and taught me early on how to clip, organize and shop with them. Mom also loved getting free stuff in the mail for us. Don’t ask me why, but as a child some of my favorite things were a Jolly Green Giant doll and Little Sprout (You Tube) that I received from a free mail-in offer. I’ve been hooked on freebies ever since!
3) My favorite person (besides my hubby) is my little 2-year-old niece. She is just the cutest and one of the main reasons why I started to really get serious about couponing – diapers and baby items are expensive! I wanted to be able to lend a hand. I’m looking forward to more nieces and nephews and will definitely be sharing lots of great deals for your kiddos.
4) I have always considered myself somewhat frugal, but I started “super couponing” about four years ago, looking to save even more money with the downturn in the economy and to help out family members and friends in need.
5) I work at home as a medical transcriptionist. I received the chance to work at home, grabbed it and never looked back! If you have also been longing to work in your jammies and fuzzy slippers all day, check out our Make Money section for all of our work at home/make extra money ideas.
6) My favorite seasons are Summer, Summer, Summer and Summer. If I had my way I’d be living in an 80-85 degree climate year round with no air conditioning anywhere. Yes, I know, I’m insane.
7) I LOVE discovering new ways to save money. For example, a few years back I learned how to play the “credit card game” while staying completely debt free. You may be familiar with the “grocery store game” and the “drugstore game” already. This is played in much the same way. It has to do with maximizing credit card offers to get free miles and points to use on airfare, hotels and even car rentals.
I have been able to travel to France (just booked my second trip) and Hawaii (several times – see #6) for next to nothing using free miles and points I accumulated mainly through credit card signup bonuses! Read our Secrets of Free Travel section if you would like to learn how to save big on your next vacation! We have lots of other tips for cheap travel too, even if you do not want to acquire points.
So stick around! I love to share money saving tips in all aspects of life, from groceries/drugstore items to clothing to vacations and more. I’m looking forward to your comments and ideas too – there are always new things we can learn from each other!
When you take the time and learn to maximize coupons properly, you can easily shave at least 50% off of your total grocery bill. It doesn’t happen overnight, but it is definitely a reachable goal within a few months. Start here and see how changing the way you shop can change your life!
If you would like to get free daily e-mail updates from So Dough Savvy you can sign up here.
Note to bloggers – if you find something you would like to share with your readers, please make sure to link back and give credit to So Dough Savvy. Do not copy and paste any content (or photos), including our store matchups, without consent.